Points to Remember
- High value treats
- Dog in front of you parallel position
- Hold in between your fingers
- Crate a connection between the treat and the nose - almost like a magnet
- Slowly lift your hand upwards to keep the connection, going over the head
- As you go over the head, what will happen is that the hindquarters will automatically go down into the sit position.
- As the dog sits, Good Sit and Praise.
- Do this several times with no cue being given before.
- Once the dog understands what is required, you can then request a Sit, using both the Hand Signal, which is lifting your hand upwards, towards you, as in the video and say Sit at the same time.
- Once the dog is doing reliably, start to do in different places.
- Once behaviour proofed, then start to fade.